Today is my Mom's Birthday...and although she isn't here to enjoy her special day (I believe she's having a much better time celebrating her birthday in heaven) my family and I will be remembering her and thanking God for blessing us with a wonderful daughter, wife, mother, and grandmother for the short time that we had her here with us.
Many who met my Mom described her as a generous, enthusiastic woman with a passion for learning and teaching - I'm so fortunate to have reaped the many benefits of having this woman as my mother and friend. Just over a month ago, I received an email from one of my mom's close friends. In her email she told me that I have my mom's thoughtfulness, conscientiousness and energy. That one little sentence made my day. I like to think that I have some of my Mom's traits and characteristics...I hope I take on many more of her parenting skills as I develop as a mother myself.
Happy Birthday Mom...I think of you so often and miss you always.
Penny
1 comment:
We miss your mom so much and can't believe it's been two years since she was going through the cancer struggle. She was a precious lady who will always be remembered and loved.
I had a dream this past summer that she was having tea in a rose garden with friends and was completely happy and at peace.
Post a Comment