Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Strawberry Icee

So today I indulged in a free 7-11 Slurpee...they're sooo sweet! But it was good, of course. And free, which is always good.
I've got a frozen fruit drink obsession. It's so hot that I've been making smoothie/slushy drinks. I've already told you about the watermelon yumminess. Today I decided to start messing around with other fruity concoctions! Strawberries were on the menu today. I threw in around 1-1/2 cups of fresh strawberries in my vitamix, added in 1 cup of ice, the juice of one lime and some splenda. Turned that bad boy on and whizzed my way to a delicious strawberry slushy. So good!

I'm thinking this could be a great base to a margarita. In fact, I am hosting a girls night coming up in a week or so and will think about serving some type of drink. Maybe the strawberry with a splash of rum? Or maybe I'll do a peach one and add in a dash of malibu? Mmmm....sounds scrumptious! In any case, expect to see lots of different drinks in the near future. I'm having too much fun not to share. Besides, they're yummy...I want you to enjoy one too!

Today we went to our local spray park and Annika had a blast. I just tried to keep Ethan out of the sun...lol! I had a dr appt this afternoon and then before you know it it's supper time...you know the days fly by. My baby boy will be 6 months on Monday. Boo hoo!!!


There are so many fun things coming up in our city. Festivals, music, shows...it's going to be great!
Have a good night all...baby's calling.
Penny 

No comments: