Sunday, January 16, 2011

Another Snowy Weekend

I wonder...is there an end in sight to all of this snow?! It's crazy...I really should get some pictures of the crazy quantities of snow out there. Today I went out with my friend to get some fabric for a quilting project and when we came back we saw a tiny little munchkin bundled up and standing on the sidewalk watching her daddy shovel. The snow piles are honestly 3 times her height...it was funny to see her standing out there. Wish I had taken a picture!

So I made borscht tonight!? What do you think of that? I haven't had a bowl of borscht since I was just a young'n and my mom made us some while we were watching Jaws. It's funny, but I really remember that day...eating our soup in the living room while watching such a scaaaaaaaaaaaaaary movie! ;)

I sure hope you all had a wonderful weekend staying warm and cozy! I'm sad that it's back to work now...let's hope the roads are ok tomorrow morning.

Ta ta for now!
Penny

2 comments:

Sandy said...

Lol, we had beets tonight too! Looks like both households will see red in the toilet!

jen carr photography said...

What a great memory!

And I'm thinking the same about documenting the amount of snow. Maybe once the temperatures settle down a little and a person can actually bring their kid outside and be comfortable...

Hope your drive in / out wasn't too backed up!