Saturday, October 15, 2011

Fall Days

It's been a lovely, busy, full month so far. We're halfway through October and the leaves are slowly accumulating on my lawn, waiting for me to head out there and rake them up. And of course for Annika to play in them and mess up anything I manage to get into piles! I am hoping to get a bit of yard work done tomorrow while the weather holds up. Before we know it the white stuff will be falling and that'll make it tough to do any yard clean-up!

We've had a couple weddings over the last 3 or 4 weeks...our good friends Jamie & Sandy got married the first weekend in October and it was such a beautiful wedding. The couple looked stunning and the love they have for each other and for their families/friends was so heartfelt and really touched me. I admit I had leaky eyes a number of times throughout the day. Annika went to their outdoor wedding as well and of course decided to throw a lovely, well-timed 2-yr old tantrum right in the middle of their vows. Yikes. We were so embarassed. Scott did his best to rush her away, but it's hard when you're outside...especially when your daughter has an impressive set of lungs with a piercing shriek.

There has been a lot going on in our home over the last couple months. Work has been busy for me...I'm on a project that is getting super busy, so that's been sucking a lot of energy out of me. I get tired pretty easily these days...(by the way, we have baby #2 on the way)! I'm just in my 3rd trimester now and I'm feeling it. We're in the home stretch now! Time to get the baby's room ready and do my nesting! ;)

What else? I've been surfing the net and checking out a bunch of yummy looking recipes. I was tossing around the idea of making cinnamon rolls tomorrow...mmm. But then I came across a delicious looking pumpkin cinnamon twist pancake recipe and I think I'll try that out.

Hope you've all had a fantastic start to fall. I've got a list 5 miles long that i need to get going on before this baby comes. Here's some stuff:
1 - get Annika some bedroom furniture so I can set up the baby's room with her current set
2 - get winter tires on the van (I hear it's going to be a brutal winter...ugh!)
3 - decide about our stroller situation - do I get a double stroller? stay with one and just let A walk? I dunno. I may wait this one out and see how things go
4 - finish setting up my basement with all my craft stuff...need my outlet!
5 - start-up my sewing night with a good group of ladies
6 - figure out some names for the little bun in the oven
7 - make my own pumpkin spice latte as a treat
8 - do some serious meal planning for the next few weeks
9 - plan our annual Christmas open house (although I confess I'm probably going to be lazy this year and do it potluck style...I know, it's shameful, but a lot less tiring)
10 - repaint baby's room?
11 - book family photo session...this needs to be done ASAP
12 - start Christmas lists/shopping

Ok...I am going to try to get back into the swing of things blog-wise. Work sure does get into the way of life, doesn't it? ;)

Happy weekend all,
Penny

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Awww I'm glad Jamie and I weren't the only one with leaky eyes that day! I can't believe you're in the 3rd trimester!!! Ahhhh!