Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pudding...as easy as ABC

My slow cooker Chicken Taco Soup is simmering away and smells yummy - can't wait to try it tonight! It's got lots of fibre (lots of beans in it) and seems relatively healthy! As I was browsing through Pinterest this morning, I saw a link that caught my attention...Avocado Banana Chocolate pudding found at The Edible Perspective. Oh boy...I love avocado and since I have some on hand I figured, why not try it out? So while I got lunch prepared I whipped together this little dessert and voila, just like that it was done! And I like it! It's smooth and you can't tell you're eating avocado (for those who don't enjoy it like I do). I even got Annika to eat it....and she's one who does not enjoy avocado (unless it's in a vietnamese milkshake...mmmm)!! I haven't checked out the rest of that site, but I think I will just in case there are other interesting finds to discover.
This is the picture of it on the Edible Perspective site...mine did not look nearly as professional! 


Pinterest is such a neat way to waste some time! :) I don't get to do it as often as I'd like...but when I do I really love scrolling through all of the stuff people are pinning. Inspires me to be more creative, more adventuresome.

A couple months ago we were watching a show on TV (I think it was Cake Boss or something) and the whole Cake Boss family was going on a Disney cruise. Annika happened to walk in to the room while we were watching and boy oh boy...she loved the idea of that cruise. So pretty much every week now at least once or twice in the week I hear "Mommy, let's have lunch and then go to Disneyland". Or "Mommy, after I pick up my toys and have a nap...then can we go to Disneyland?" Haha! She's Disney starstruck...and I'd love to take her! But we're thinking we'll wait for at least another year or two before we do the whole Disneyland or Disneyworld trip. Although a Disney cruise might not be so bad with young ones...they have great child care so Mommy and Daddy might even be able to get out for a date! Any of you have good/bad Disney stories to share?

Have a great day...
Penny

No comments: