I purchased a cork board at staples for around $15. Got some furniture tacks at Canadian Tire for a few dollars more, and some fabric at Walmart. Ready to go! I also needed a staple gun, staples, a sawtooth picture hanger, and some fabric scissors.
I wrapped the fabric around the cork board and trimmed it to a size I wanted to work with around the board. I put the cork side down on the wrong side of the fabric and started stapling one side down in the frame of the board. I then pulled the opposite side tight and stapled it down as well.
Once both sides were stapled, I started on the corners. I folded up the fabric nice and taut and put a few staples in for good measure. I sort of folded it like I would gift wrap a present! Then pulled the fabric nice and tight and put in more staples all along the third edge. I then repeated for the fourth side and made sure it was tight enough so that the front was perfectly smooth.
And voila, it was ready to go! Do you like the paisley fabric? I really do...
Then I nailed on the sawtooth picture hanger and headed upstairs to load up my jewelry. I used the cool looking furniture tacks I found at Canadian Tire and just kind of eyeballed where I thought they should go on the board. (I'm not big on measuring!) Then I started hanging up my necklaces! And added and moved things around until all my necklaces were nicely hanging and displayed.
| Oops...this picture is not focused! LOL!! I'm just learning on manual mode - it'll take a while for me to remember everything! |
And you'll notice that I also have my bracelets/anklets hanging nicely now. I picked up a mug tree in Canadian Tire for $6.50 and just hung all my bracelets up on that. Works like a charm and now I can see the top of my dresser AND I can also see what I have to choose from in the jewelry department!
Next post I hope to share all about the great "loaf-off" Scott and I had. We competed head-to-head in a bread baking contest here at home. Mmmm...bread!
Penny
1 comment:
Loooove it!!!! You've inspired me to want to make something for all my new Stella & Dot items!
Post a Comment