Monday, August 13, 2012

Duchess Goodies

Yesterday we went downtown to 124 st so Scott could pick up some things he needs for his bike. While we were down there we wandered around a bit and eventually stopped off at The Duchess bakery. Wow. I'd never been there before and I now think I will become a frequent visitor (unfortunately for my waistline, lol!) We used up a gift certificate from our lovely friends Sandy & Jamie. We got a sampling of their different kinds of macaroons, a few merengues, and a little chocolate cake called "the duke". Boy oh boy, those macaroons were absolutely scrumptious!! We wolfed those suckers down in no time flat. I recommend trying them out.

This week I'm into vacation packing, house-cleaning, tidying up mode. It's nice that it's a bit cooler because it helps my motivation levels. I actually feel like cooking and I did the vacuuming with no trouble at all today. We even went out for a nice walk in our neighbourhood...it wasn't too humid and hot! Now Ethan is just having a nap (he's probably going to wake up any time now) and I've got supper planned. Things are progressing alright.

I think we'll pop over to the mall today - I need to get Ethan's dress shoes for his ringbearer stint. I've got Annika's dress shoes. Just need a headband/fancy hair clip now and then should be good to go. Oh yeah, and one other minor detail - I need a dress!! Eeek! Need to get on that and fast.

Tomorrow I'm taking the van in for a tune-up before we leave for vacation. Hopefully all will be well.
Have a great week all!
Penny

And thanks for keeping me in your prayers/thoughts....I appreciate it and love all my close friends and family.

2 comments:

Alison said...

{{{Big hugs, Penny}}}!

Sandy said...

Have a great trip! I'll see you when you get back!