Friday, August 13, 2010

3 Weeks & Counting

Oh boy, not much time left until we're on the move across the city! I'm going to miss my 5 minute commute to work. It'll soon be a half hour (probably at least) to get to the office/dayhome. But it's do-able. I used to work out at the airport and had around a 40 minute commute each way then, so I'm sure I can suck it up and do it again.

So...I'm back to work. It's going ok. I'd say the situation is less than ideal, but it's a job and I'm happy to be back with my foot in the door. Hopefully things pan out...I'd love to stay working here for a few more years. We'll see what happens!

Yesterday I was on the phone for most of the day. I booked movers (so excited to have movers), scheduled utility changes/hookups, etc., booked my car in for a tune-up, and picked up a huge load of reno supplies from the tile place. Boy was that a heavy load. My poor van was just about doing a wheelie! haha! Next week Scott is off work and he'll be working hard (poor guy...no vacation for him) at finishing the kitchen and redoing our bathroom. I'm going to try and cram most of my work hours into Monday and Tuesday so that I can take Wed/Thurs to help out as much as possible while Annika is at the dayhome.

We're double booked for birthday parties tomorrow (we'll be trying to attend both) and then I think we'll be jumping right into our renovations on Sunday, if we can. So much to do. Tonight I'm going to do my cleaning and maybe even try and get some packing done! Whew! Just typing it out exhausts me! LOL!

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend...let's hope the weather picks up!
Happy Friday...
Penny

No comments: