Annika turned 1 today!! Scott and I were thinking about how one year ago our lives were completely changed, when at 4:50 pm, our beautiful baby girl entered the world. She was so tiny and had a great set of lungs on her even then. It's hard to believe she weighed 7 1/2 lbs...it's so teensy compared to our almost 22 lb baby now.
She's a precious gift, our Annika. She was a ray of sunshine that broke through the clouds of despair and grief that had surrounded our family with the loss of my Mom. And although the pain of losing her is never gone, having Annika here has helped...she's been a constant distraction! I've spent some time crying these last few days...missing my Mom so very much. She would have been so thrilled with Annika. What joy she would've felt to see her little grand-daughter toddle around the room. Maybe she's taking little peeks from heaven...
I thank God for blessing my family with Annika. So...Happy Birthday to my little ray of sunshine!
Penny
No comments:
Post a Comment