Monday, March 7, 2011

Ode To Dyson

Oh. My. Goodness. I cannot express how much I love...LOVE...my new vacuum cleaner. It is amazing. I mean, I knew that our current vacuum just was not doing the job properly, but I was so shocked (and impressed) when I vacuumed the carpet in our family room/den area and the dyson completely sucked up enormous amounts of dog fur, dust, and fuzz!!! Absolutely fantastic! I wish I could've vacuumed the entire house tonight, but time just isn't my friend weekday evenings. Too many things to do...supper to cook, dishes to do, stuff to tidy...and little munchkins to snuggle! I'm sure you all know how it is. Plus, our house isn't tiny anymore...it's definitely a weekend job.

We accomplished quite a bit over the weekend. We did a big overhaul on out pantry/kitchen area. I'm talkin' pulled everything out of the cupboards, rearranged all of it shelving, kitchen counters looked like a hurricane had hit our household. BUT...by the end of the weekend, semblance of order had been restored, thank goodness. We had some help from a new kitchen storage unit from IKEA and from Aunty Heather who spent some time corraling our young'n. ;)

I actually took pictures of the reorganized pantry and still share then with you so you can share in my organized bliss! We have big plans to continue our efforts. I'm going to redo my recipes, Scott wants to improve our spices...right now they're unlabeled in a cupboard. Sooooooooooo....lots to do...but all good stuff that is moving us in the right direction.

This week is our first sewing group meeting!! Yay! I'm totally looking forward to it, although I still haven't moved my stuff around as I intended to...got distracted with the organization! Maybe Friday.

Have a happy week!
Penny
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

1 comment:

jen carr photography said...

It's official: I am SO jealous!!
We have an old Kenmore... Possibly 7+ years at this point and it is terrible.
Congrats eh, and if you ever feel like going on a cleaning frenzy, our door is always open...