Saturday, May 7, 2011

I blew it...

...and it was worth it!! Despite a great start to my day, diet-wise, I flopped bigtime in the evening. After my delicious lunch out with the husband, I headed home and finally got Annika down for a nap. During her nap I took advantage of the spare time and spent some time on the elliptical (yay me!) and then started getting ready for the evening. Scott was invited out to a wine & tapas event and he wanted me to go along as well. I had a sneaky suspicion this would not end up a healthy evening for me...and my hunch was bang on!

We got to the "wine room" and I decided I would have one glass of wine (I didn't want to be rude, after all), but that I wouldn't touch any tapas. Well, never mind that!! I ended up indulging in some delicious prawns au gratin...Mmmmm! And another glass of wine...or two. Sigh. Then I decided to top it all off with a treat from DQ on my way home!! OH NOOOOO!! Why do I do these things?!? Ah well, I just have to get back on track, right? Although, tomorrow is Mother's Day...I should be allowed to indulge in a teensy weensy bit of tasty treats, shouldn't I? 

Today I had 2 poached eggs and an apple for breakfast, and then some tuna and a pickle for lunch. (Oh, and I may have had a couple potato chips!) I suppose I may as well confess it all. That's it - I promise! :) 

Ok, now I'm off to finish my housecleaning. Just have to wash the floors and do some reorganizing in the kitchen. Laundry's almost done and bathrooms are done. Just need to do some vacuuming upstairs after Annika's awake, and that'll be it for me! 

Chao for now,
Penny


1 comment:

Maureen said...

Appreciate your honesty. I over indulged this weekend too. Now we have to get back on track.