Saturday, January 21, 2012

He's here!

Our handsome baby boy has finally arrived! Ethan joined our happy little family on Jan 16, one day before his due date. He's healthy, and reminds me so much of his big sister when she was just born.

Annika is doing really well with Ethan. We're working on being very gentle with him...it's slowly getting better. She is definitely going through a period of adjustment though. We're trying to shower her with lots of love and kisses so that she doesn't feel left out at all. Wer just love our little princess...she's such a precious girl.

Ethan seems to be a healthy little boy...we've got a couple concerns that we're dealing with related to his output, but he's eating well and now has a couple periods of alert time where he opens his little eyes for us, which I love.

Unfortunately Scott went straight back to work (it's a busy time for him with year end obligations) and he even has to work this weekend...boo. I was hoping we'd have the weekend together, but no dice. Maybe next weekend?! It's definitely been an adjustment for me with two kids! I feel badly that I haven't had the energy to play much with annika during our first few days at home. But i'm thinking i'll be back on my feet in a week, and hopefully then we'll sort out a good playtime routine as well.

We had some sad news today. Our good family friends experienced a great loss today. Cancer struck again and took the life of Chris who is loved by so many. I hate cancer. It is a horrible, destructive disease that hurts too many families. So this weekend we will be keeping our friends close in thought and prayer and pray that God comforts them and gives them peace.

Hope you all have a good weekend.
Penny
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.9

No comments: