We have a little tradition that we have established each weekend in our home over the last few months. Saturday morning, our little pumpkin comes and snuggles in with us in bed for a few minutes before Daddy gets up and makes us all pancakes. His pancake breakfasts are yummy. Sometimes he makes special banana pancakes, sometimes with chocolate chips, sometimes he even shapes special Mickey Mouse pancakes for Annika, which she loves. I love little things like this that make weekends special. I love my little family.
Today one member of our family ran away for a short time, which had me worried. (It was the four-legged member and as some of you may know, she's got a history of escapism and long jaunts out on the town). I went out in the van looking for her but didn't find her, and then Scott went out walking to find her, and he came home just at the same time as our little brat decided to come home and get in from the snowy night! We're just glad she's home safe and sound.
After Annika is sleeping soundly this evening, Scott and I are going to tackle re-organizing our basement. We recently made a whole bunch of purchases for our home, and some of them are for the bsmt. We had new pot lights installed throughout the finished area, got a new tv, Scott got some speakers, and we've moved all my crafting stuff down. Today we spent some time in Ikea and I think we're getting close to what I would like as a finished craft area. I think I may even take some pictures of the before craft area and then the after and share with you! Usually going to places like Ikea and Costco on the weekend drives me batty, but today we managed to make it through unscathed. Annika was fantastic, and we just picked up a few things (like a new duvet cover/sheets for our new king bed that we have to order tonight!)
Still on baby watch. I am guessing that the baby will come on the 21st (4 days overdue like Annika), but who knows! One thing is for certain, the baby's stay in hotel Mama will come to an end by Jan 26 (induce day if we go 10 days over).
Hope you are all having a fantastic weekend. I have to go tuck in my sweet pea now!
Penny
No comments:
Post a Comment