Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Healthier living

Well, hope you have all enjoyed a good weekend and an excellent start to the week. We had a wonderful (busy) weekend that included lots of visiting with friends and family, celebrating the arrival of our son Ethan. We didn't have a traditional baby shower for him; instead, we hosted a Sip 'n' See Open House where people could drop in and visit and meet the little tyke informally. I had a few snacks out and some beverages, and it was a really nice time. We didn't expect gifts, but boy, did we get them! We were very blessed!

For food choices, I had a veggie platter, fruit skewers, bacon swiss quiches, meat and cheese, crackers, hummus, and cream puffs, mini cupcakes, and brownies for sweets. This is where I want to get in to healthy living. See, I love me my cream puffs. And brownies. And poetry much any type of appetizer! But I have to say that I only had 1 cream puff...and 1 mini cupcake and brownie (That is self-restraint for me, considering I could easily east a dozen puffs). But last week I wasn't feeling well and made some diet changes in hopes of feeling 100%. And so that meant cutting out all the refined sugars and processed junk that I love so much! :) I'm also hoping that my weight loss after baby will continue with my diet changes.

I've been eating better for almost a week now, and drinking a whole bunch of water on a regular basis (I'm talking litres of it) and trying to make wise choices for meal planning too. So far, so good. I'll share what I've been eating in another post...it's lunch time and i'm off to prepare our grub!

Over and out...
Penny
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.9

1 comment:

Maureen said...

Hi
I wrote a comment but I don't think it went through. Had a great time seeing you and your family. Great on your eating healthy. I am trying to eat healthier myself, not by dieting, just making the right food choices.