I'm a nursing mama. Although I'm happy to do it, and I enjoy spending time with my babe, there are some (very minor) drawbacks to having an exclusively breastfed baby. The biggest is that nobody else can feed him. I can't pass him off to his daddy for a feeding (unless I get the pumping down-pat and we are able to do the bottle thing). I'm thinking about trying to pump as much as I can in the next week or so and hopefully we'll be able to break out the bottles at some point and maybe mama can have a night off! :) Then maybe I can actually get some serious cleaning done. These past few days Ethan has been a hungry little fella - he's attached to me frequently having a meal. But it's a good thing because he gained 6 ozs in 4 days! Wow!! My little guy is growing fast! He's 8lbs 5ozs now, so that's encouraging. I took him to his dr appt yesterday and he's been pronounced a very healthly little babe, which makes me happy.
Ethan is having an afternoon nap in his swing right now (I hear him stirring, so this post will be over right away) but his nap gave me time to whip together a supper for tonight...shepherd's pie it is. Yay! I emptied and reloaded the dishwasher and started gathering the garbage/recycling - pick up is tomorrow.
Ok...he's up!! I'll leave you with this quote I like:
The cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow,
But children grow up, as I've learned to my sorrow.
So quiet down cobwebs; Dust go to sleep!
I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep.
(A verse from the poem Baby's don't keep by Ruth Hulbert Hamilton)
Penny
No comments:
Post a Comment