Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The Man behind this Mom

Mother's Day has come and gone. And I know that it's a day to celebrate and appreciate mothers {I certainly felt appreciated and loved...and I spent some time remembering my wonderful Mom as well} but I have to say that this Mother's Day was simply perfect because of my husband. I sure do have a loving, supportive hubby.

On Saturday night he went out to the grocery store to get some needed supplies for his mother's day surprise for me...and then after getting home late, he spent a whole bunch of time downstairs prepping stuff. As I was going to sleep I could hear the faint whirring of the beater going. I didn't know what he was doing...but he was sure working hard.

Sunday morning Annika came in our room ready to face the day and he whisked her away to let me catch a few more zzzzs! When I was awake and just about to ask if I could head downstairs, I heard footsteps approaching. In came Annika and Daddy...Annika saying Happy Mother's Day I love you, and Daddy bearing a tray with breakfast! He even had a cup of coffee brewed for me!! {Mind you this was just for show...the full meal deal breakfast was waiting for me downstairs}. So I grabbed Ethan and down we went...

This is what was waiting for me:
What a spread! And beautiful roses to boot! 
Scrumptious. Extra whipped cream? Don't mind if I do...

The card my wonderful hubby worked on with Annika (he may have used some of my scraps...)
The beautiful inside...I admit, it made me cry. 
After breakfast and Ethan's nap, we headed out for a day at the zoo! It was an absolutely beautiful day to be outdoors enjoying the weather...and that's exactly what we did.

Me and my babies.
My beautiful, larger-than-life little Miss Attitude! The one who made me a mother first...
My precious, happy, baby boy.
Checking stuff out at the zoo
It was a great day. I felt loved and appreciated and really special. Just like all mothers should feel. Thanks to my sweetheart for making my day perfect. I am blessed to have him and my babies.

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!
Penny

2 comments:

Alison said...

YOu look great Penny. They did a great job on your card- maybe a hidden talent emerging here?? Glad you had a great Mothers' Day!

Sandy said...

Omg penny. I cried just seeing the inside of the card! Great job Scotty boy and happy late mothers day penny!