Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Wet Wednesday

It's been pretty soggy in these parts. I like it! The rain is so refreshing. I love the smell of rain and the way everything pops with a vibrant green after a few good days of rain. That said, it does kind of limit our ability to spend lots of time enjoying the great outdoors. So we've been doing indoor stuff. Yesterday we baked cookies (oatmeal in 3 different batches - Annika made chocolate chip, we did raisin, and craisin/white chocolate). The cookies were good and my girl was such a big helper! We also had a playdate with my friend Vicki and her baby boy who is just 5 weeks older than Ethan. It was a nice afternoon/evening.

Today we were out for pretty much the entire day. We started off at Babies R Us getting some door knob cover thingies so that Annika won't be able to escape again. (Little turkey unlocked the front door and was outside and down the street checking out the older neighbourhood girls before we noticed). Those are now in place and we won't have any vanishing acts happening anytime soon {I hope!} Then we met Scott for lunch at the mall and then we did some errands and visited my Grandma. Good afternoon. When we got home we got out the new puzzle Annika got today. Have I shared with you that my girl has mad puzzle skills?! She did the brand new 48 pc Dora puzzle all by herself!!

All done!!
Hope you're having a great week! I'm trying to get all the paperwork in order for this week's Relay For Life! We'll be doing that on Friday evening {I'll stick it out as long as I can with the kidlets}.

Penny




1 comment:

Sandy said...

That girl is so smart it's insane.