Well, as part of my initiative to become organized (see prior blog post entitled "Organizing 101"), I am planning a big garage sale. I figure this is a great way to accomplish two things at once. First off, I will be attempting to sell other folks the stuff that I have simply run out of room/no longer have any use for. I have a number of boxes filled with items just waiting to be sold! Remember - one person's "junk" is another one's "treasure"! It's a good time to have a garage sale because it's the spring clean season...in fact, I have a few friends who will also be bringing items to sell at our sale.
The second mission of this garage sale will be to support our Relay for Life team. I've decided that all of our family's proceeds will be going towards our fundraising campaign for this year's relay! It'll be a fun way to hopefully get some money without going door-to-door. I'm hoping we can beat last year's funds...even if it's just by a tiny margin! Last year we made $6,081 as a team. Wouldn't it be nice if this year we could do even better?!
So, I will keep you all posted on the details of our huge, multi-family Garage Sale for LIFE!! Maybe you can drop by and do some shopping! :)
Note: If you're one of my friends who wants in on our garage sale, don't worry...we're only donating the money from our items! ;)
Penny
1 comment:
One of the towns near us has an annual town-wide garage sale, and since we moved out here, I've been meaning to set up a table and sell off some of our junk- all in an effort to thin out and downsize. I'm a huge fan of sharing unwanted and un-needed items with other people, but my husband is a total hoarder. He can't let go of anything. Hopefully one day he'll realize letting go of some things won't be so bad!!!
Post a Comment