At the last minute, we decided to ditch our laptop in favour of travelling a bit lighter and let me tell you I missed connecting. Talk about withdrawal!! We managed to stay busy and I really enjoyed our first international trip with our little princess. Annika was such a little trooper...she behaved really well on the plane ride (oh, there was that little poop explosion that got all over Daddy's jeans when we arrived in L.A.) and she only fussed for a little bit on the plane ride. We were the last people to get our luggage, due to the emergency washing in the bathroom after the messy movement. Poor Scott...he was so disgusted! Haha, I had to laugh a bit - I'm so used to being covered in baby goo guck that it wouldn't have phased me that much had it been my lap she was sitting on.
Anyway, after we settled in at the hotel, I noticed she seemed a bit irritable and I chalked it up to the flight and travel. But on Tuesday I figured something was definitely up. My poor baby got her first cold...and it was miserable. The poor little thing was so congested and started developing a cough. On Wednesday she had a rash, which really worried me (to the amusement of my husband - I was ready to hop on a plane and come home to get her to a doctor!) I didn't though, and by Friday she had man-sized coughs and was having difficulty breathing (due to her snotty nose) through the night. But we seemed to turn a corner after that - on Saturday evening we just rested with her and she actually slept fairly well through the night with very minimal coughing. Now she's home and on the road to recovery, I'm sure.
Besides the cold we still managed to have a good time. We visited Universal Studios and also got to spend some time with Scott's cousin Larry, who took us out and about in L.A. I've got pics to share and more to tell after I've gotten unpacked, sorted laundry and done some much needed grocery shopping!
Happy to be home!!
Penny
No comments:
Post a Comment