Being organized is hard! I still haven't been able to master it (after 29 years, haha!) I remember going through de-cluttering spurts in my room at home and having everything in its place, only to lapse back into chaos within a matter of days. I still struggle with the same issue now, except I have a house to organize.
Keeping our house picture perfect is an impossible task for me. Why, you ask? Our house is small. This should mean it's a breeze to keep oganized! But it's not, for a couple of reasons.
Firstly, we have baby paraphernalia everywhere! It's amazing how this 17lb baby has overtaken our home! Every free corner we have is occupied by a baby swing, car seat, play mats, high chair...and the list goes on. (We no longer have any free corners here!) Sigh. So, it's become increasingly difficult to tidy up because I simply do not have the space to put things away anymore. That baby bath tub that is laying in the middle of the baby's room is actually "put away"! It's the only spot I have left.
Secondly, we've never really been all that great at home organization, regardless of the size of space! We visit IKEA from time to time hoping for inspiration to hit...and sometimes there are little flashes, but not enough to make our home into a home ready for the cover of Better Homes & Gardens!
Sometimes I think it'll be easier to stay organized once we move to a bigger house - after all, there will be more space to put our stuff, right?! (We currently have things that we can't use, due to our space limitations. Around 2 years ago, we bought an elliptical trainer so we could work out at home. How are the workouts going? Well, not great. The elliptical is in the garage. In its box.) But I know that my system of organization (piling, not filing) will probably follow me wherever we go! I guess it's something I can work on improving...pile by pile!
Happy Friday everyone!
Penny
1 comment:
Oh, thank you for the offer Penny, but I actually succeeded in my mission to find bra pads. I think I'm covered. (ha).
Post a Comment