Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Busy Body

Wow, I was looking at our calendar and we've got something booked every weekend until the end of May. Yikes! Busy schedules seem to go hand-in-hand with hot summer days. Everyone is getting out and enjoying beautiful weather at parks, at the lake, or even in the backyard with some cool drinks with friends and family.

We have 4 weddings this year, which isn't the most we've had, but it's still a solid number of nuptials. Two of the weddings are out of town, and we're not entirely sure if we'll make it to both. We're already booked and excited to go to Jamaica in November for a week. Vicki and Gary will be tying the knot on a beautiful beach on the "No problem" island almost exactly 4 years after Sheri (Vicki's twin sister) got married in Jamaica! I was able to go to Sheri's wedding as well, and I'm super excited to be going back to have a blast with our friends (and this time I get to take along a hubby and our little munchkin!)

Our first wedding is coming up on May 1st and Scott is the Best Man so he'll be busy with wedding activities in the days leading up to it. Should be a great wedding and the ceremony will bring back warm and fuzzy memories for us because our friends are getting married at St. Joseph's, just like us!

This Saturday I have a bridal shower to attend and so I've been busy trying to get some card crafting done. I've finished the shower card, and now am working on a wedding card as well as a housewarming card for my cousin. Oh right and there's Mother's Day too!! Better get a card done for my wonderful Mother-in-law. She's a lovely, warm lady who sure helped me out tremendously this week with bringing meals by for me when I was down with that headache. And, since Scott is going to be an absentee husband and father (haha) for my first Mother's Day ever {GASP!!!}, my in-laws have generously offered to go for a delicious Mother's Day brunch with me and Annika. 
{Note: Scott is going to be in Las Vegas - yes, that's right, VEGAS - during Mother's Day. So, no sleep-in for this mama. No breakfast in bed. No flowers. No break. And yes, I'm milking it as much as I can...I'm hoping I'll get a new handbag or some type of goody out of this! Honestly, I am disappointed that he'll be away, but he's such a wonderful hubby and I know we'll be able to make it up on a different weekend.}

Ok...so tomorrow I am hoping to post pics of my card (maybe cards if I get my butt in gear!)

Penny

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Scott owes you BIG time. Go milk it for what you can sweetie.

Alison said...

Thanks for the reminder! I've got some cards to make, and mothers day wasn't on that list. Bad mama!